The Tower of Stefan

 

The bell tower (or Stephen the Great Tower) located northwest of the "John the Baptist" Church is part of the architectural complex "Royal Court" in Piatra Neamt and was built in 1499 as a necessity, just a year after construction of the church. Still considered the emblem of this ancient Romanian place, Stephen the Great Tower was preserved until today in its original form, without significant changes. This small fortress built of rough stone and reinforced with four buttresses which highlights its slim profile, impresses by well established proportions and valuable architectural details.

Website counter